The Traditional Pension Plan (Groups B & C)
Which group am I in?
Refer to your annual statement to determine which group you are in.
Group B - Members with 20 years of service credit on Jan. 7, 2013 or eligible to retire under current eligibility requirements after Jan. 7, 2018 but on or before Jan. 7, 2023.
Group C - Members eligible to retire under current eligibility requirements after Jan. 7, 2023 or members hired on or after Jan. 7, 2013.
Who should use this information?
This page contains educational information intended for members in groups B & C who have at least 5 years before reaching retirement eligibility.
- Refunding from the Traditional Pension Plan Presentation
- Viewing your Online Account Presentation
- Annual Statement Presentation
- Options for Law Enforcement Members with Non-Law Enforcement Service Credit Presentation
- Disability Benefits Presentation
Education Today For Retirement Tomorrow – This presentation is intended for those in Group B and C who are more than five years from retirement eligibility.
It provides information and resources so you can take an active role in preparing for your retirement and make retirement decisions throughout your career.
- Earning and purchasing service credit
- Disability and survivor benefits
- Retirement eligibility
- Early retirement reduced benefits
- OPERS health care - general information
- Educational tools and resources
- Social Security
Registering for an Educational Opportunities Seminar
You can register for OPERS seminars in two different ways:
You can register online with your Online Account. Once logged in click on “Tools and Resources” and then on “Seminars and Counseling” to select a seminar.
You can also register for a seminar by calling OPERS at 1-800-222-7377
|Education Seminar Schedule|
|Boardman||03/22/2017||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|West Chester||04/04/2017||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Toledo||04/18/2017||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Mentor||04/25/2017||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|