The Traditional Pension Plan (Groups A & B)
Who should use this information?
This page contains educational information intended for members in groups A & B who will reach retirement eligibility within 5 years.
- Retirement Planner Presentation
- Refunding from the Traditional Pension Plan Presentation
- Viewing your Online Account Presentation
- Annual Statement Presentation
- Options for Law Enforcement Members with Non-Law Enforcement Service Credit Presentation
- Disability Benefits Presentation
Ready to Retire Pension and Ready to Retire Health Care – These presentations are for those in Group A and B and are given back-to-back at the OPERS education seminars.
During these presentations you will learn about the retirement application process and the tools and resources available to help you with your retirement decisions. You will also learn about important changes to Ohio retirement law and OPERS health care that may impact your retirement benefits.
You will learn:
- Important pension and health care changes that will impact your retirement
- How to calculate your OPERS monthly payment in retirement
- If you are eligible for health care and how to calculate the monthly premium
- Important decisions that you will need to make and how to apply for retirement
- Timeline details about your transition to retirement
- How Social Security may be impacted by your OPERS pension
Registering for an Educational Opportunities Seminar
You can register for OPERS seminars in two different ways:
You can register online with your Online Account. Once logged in click on “Tools and Resources” and then on “Seminars and Counseling” to select a seminar.
You can also register for a seminar by calling OPERS at 1-800-222-7377
|Education Seminar Schedule|
|Boardman||03/21/2017||6:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Boardman||03/22/2017||1:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
|West Chester||04/04/2017||1:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Toledo||04/17/2017||6:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
|Toledo||04/18/2017||1:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Mentor||04/25/2017||1:00 pm – 3:30 pm|