All publications listed here are available for immediate viewing and printing. They are provided in a PDF format, which requires Adobe Reader to view. If you have trouble viewing the documents, then please consult the help page.
Archived Publications: View & Print
Non-archived Publications: View, Print & Order
These retiree publications are available for viewing and printing. You can also request that one of these publications be mailed to you. Simply visit the retiree publications order page, select the publication(s) and fill out the online form.
Ohio PERS News: Retiree Newsletters
A quarterly newsletter featuring vital information about retirement benefits, health care coverage and other services provided to OPERS' retirees.
Benefit Recipient's Tax Guide
This guide will provide general assistance to you or your tax advisor in the preparation of your federal and state income tax returns.
Health Care Report
This guide explains OPERS health care operations.
- View & print: Health Care Report
Leaflets: Information Series Publications
The resources for retirement information series examine specific Ohio PERS topics from membership through retirement. To order a leaflet, please visit the retiree publications order page.
- ISL-B: Retiring From Public Employment - The Traditional Pension Plan
- ISL-C: Terminating Public Employment
- ISL-D: Returning to Work After Retirement
- ISL-E: Law Enforcement Officers
- ISL-F: Service Credit & Contributing Months
- ISL-G: Survivor Benefits
- ISL-H: Elected Officials
- ISL-I: Additional Annuity Program
- ISL-J: Health Care Coverage
- ISL-K: Disability Benefits
- ISL-L: Changing Your Retirement Plan: Traditional Pension
- ISL-M: Changing Your Retirement Plan: Member-Directed
- ISL-N: Changing Your Retirement Plan: Combined
- ISL-O: The OPERS Member Guide to Domestic Relations Issues
- ISL-P: Retiring From Public Employment - The Member-Directed Plan
- ISL-Q: Retiring From Public Employment - The Combined Plan
Benefit Recipient Handbook
The Retiree Handbook is a comprehensive overview of the benefits of retirement with OPERS.
The Member Handbook is a comprehensive overview of the benefits of membership with OPERS.
Health Care Coverage Guide
The Health Care Coverage Guide explains health benefits that apply to individuals in the Traditional Pension and Combined plans who qualify for health care coverage at retirement.
Understanding the Basics: Medicare and the OPERS Medicare Connector
This guide reviews important steps to take for enrolling in Medicare and a medical/prescription plan supplement, addresses differences between Medigap and Medicare Advantage plans, provides detailed information about the reimbursement process and much more.
Health Care: Medical Plan Description
This is the Medical Plan Description for your OPERS Health Care plan. This document describes the coverage features of the plan in which you and your dependents, if you have elected coverage for them, are enrolled.
Health Care: Formulary List
The following is a list of the most commonly prescribed drugs. It represents an abbreviated version of the drug list (formulary) that is at the core of your prescription drug plan. This list is not all-inclusive and does not guarantee coverage.
These 2016 Dental Certificates explain the dental options available for participants enrolled in the high or low OPERS dental plans.
Dental Certificates for residents of Mississippi, Montana, Texas and Louisiana:
- Dental Low Option for residents of MS, MT, TX only
- Dental High Option for residents of MS, MT, TX only
- Dental Certificate for Low Option residents of LA only
- Dental Certificate for High Option residents of LA only
These Vision Summaries explain the vision options available for participants enrolled in the OPERS Vision plan.
Internal Revenue Code Section 415(b) Fact Sheet
Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 415(b) limits an individual's pension amount. Benefit allowances are limited to the lower of the OPERS benefit calculation or the IRC 415(b) limit. This fact sheet details IRC 415(b) and lists the limitations.
Partial Lump Sum Option Payment
This summarizes the Partial Lump Sum Option Payment (PLOP) -- an option at retirement that allows a recipient to initially receive a lump sum benefit payment along with a reduced monthly retirement allowance -- and shows an example of how it would affect a recipient's monthly benefit.