We're here for you Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Talk to Us 1-800-222-7377
- View your OPERS account
- Update your personal contact information
- Send us secure messages
- Schedule appointments
If you have general, non-account specific questions about OPERS you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on social media.
Fax or Drop Box
Before faxing, please call 1-800-222-7377 to speak with a representative.
You can come to our building to drop off forms or paperwork; security will direct you to our drop box
Living or Traveling Outside the U.S.
There are things you should know about contacting us while out of the country.
Retiree Health Care
If you’re an OPERS retirees participating in a Medicare plan through the Connector, contact Via Benefits™ at 1-844-287-9945 between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. (EST) with plan questions. For all other health care questions, call OPERS at 1-800-222-7377
Visit Us By Appointment Only
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
277 E. Town Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Schedule an appointment
- Phone Counseling - Perfect for members in the information gathering stage of their retirement planning.
- Virtual Counseling - This is a Zoom counseling session; perfect for members looking for a little more detail in their information gathering. Our Counselors can walk through various tools, resources and even assist you in filing for retirement.
- In-House Counseling - For members eligible to retire who would like to meet in person to complete the retirement application. Currently to come in for an in-person appointment the member and up to one guest will be required to wear a face mask while in our building.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our counselors:
- Log in to your online account
- Call us at 1-800-222-7377
2021 Scheduled Closings
OPERS office and phones are closed on the following days:
|New Year's Day||Friday, January 1||Friday, Jan. 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 18||Monday, Jan. 18|
|Presidents Day||Monday, February 15||Monday, Feb. 15|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 31||Monday, May 31|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 5||Monday, Jul. 5|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 6||Monday, Sep. 6|
|Columbus Day||Monday, October 11||Monday, Otc. 11|
|Veterans Day||Thursday, November 11||Thursday, Nov. 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 25||Thursday, Nov. 25|
|Day after Thanksgiving Day||Friday, November 26||Friday, Nov. 26|
|Christmas Day||Friday, December 24||Friday, Dec. 24|
Unscheduled Closings and Delays
If OPERS should experience an unscheduled closing or delay, we will post a notice on the home page of website and our social media channels.
In the event of a level two snow emergency, OPERS will implement a delayed opening. Should conditions warrant, the office may close. During a level three snow emergency, OPERS will be closed.