2016 was a busy year for OPERS Member Services
OPERS saw unprecedented call volumes last year as we completed the transition of our Medicare-eligible retirees to the OPERS Medicare Connector for their health care coverage. We worked to make that transition as smooth as possible, balancing the need for our retirees to speak directly to our connector vendor OneExchange while conveying to them that we remain committed to assisting them with their needs.
Our Education Department has been critical in this transition, as we create a plan to increase member engagement in their retirement planning.
As we start 2017, we thought it would be prudent to share our educational efforts of 2016:
- We were able to answer 410,973 calls.
- 169,068 members were connected to us through our Virtual Hold option allowing us to call them back at a time convenient to them.
- We held in-person counseling sessions with 18,239 members and retirees.
- We were able to assist 2,264 members at our reception desk.
- We responded to 14,257 emails and online account messages.
- We educated 34,623 members through presentations, both in person and via webinar.
- We had a total of 27,196 views of our videos and recorded presentations.
- 12,615 views of the “Got Mail? Get Answers” section of our website that provides information on recent mailings
- We ran 46,845 retirement benefit estimates.
At OPERS, our mission is to provide a secure retirement for our members. We aim to do that by delivering responsive, high quality service. Please feel free to contact us via our Member Services Center at 1-800-222-PERS (7377) or send us a message through your online account from our website, opers.org.