OPERS Customer Service 2017 Year in Review
As we start 2018, we thought that you might be interested in some of the numbers that represent a behind-the-scenes look at the work OPERS did in 2017. It was another eventful year for OPERS Member Services.
- We received 455,177 calls from members
- We held one-on-one counseling sessions with 15,715 members and retirees
- We were able to assist 3,414 members at the front desk
- We responded to 13,859 emails and online account messages
- We educated 35,828 members through presentations both in person and via webinar
- We had a total of 27,651 views of our videos and recorded presentations
- We had 14,041 visits to the "Got Mail? Get Answers" page on opers.org
- We had 5,616 callers listen to and get their answer from "Fast Facts" on the 800 number Interactive Voice Response system
- We ran 7,016 retirement benefitestimates
We continue to work with our retirees as they get used to using their Health Reimbursement Arrangements by offering more education and most recently through HRA Workshops. In an effort to make sure the retirees' voices were heard, staff entered over 75,000 survey responses on the COLA changes. We continue to look for alternative methods of communication with our members through tools such as the "Got Mail? Get Answers" feature on our website and "Fast Facts" on our phone system. To help our members better prepare for retirement we have created a Financial Wellness workshop that OPERS piloted to our associates. Based on feedback provided from the pilot project, we intend to offer similar workshops around the state to our members in 2018.