GASB Historical Documents
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) released two new standards for revised accounting and financial reporting related to public pension plans:
- Financial Reporting for Pension Plans GASB Statement No. 67 (amending GASB statement No. 25), details standards for the financial statements of plans such as OPERS that administer the benefits
- Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions GASB Statement no. 68 (amending GASB Statement No. 27), details standards that will apply to state and local governments that provide pension benefits through plans such as those administered by OPERS. This new standard will significantly change the financial reporting requirements of the 3,700 employer units participating in the OPERS cost sharing plan.
Check this page often for updates and new information.
Employers requesting additional information regarding the potential impact of the new GASB standards should contact Employer Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-400-0965.
- Testimony on GASB's Other Postemployment Benefits exposure drafts, Sept. 12, 2014
- Testimony on HCR40 Before the House Committee on Health & Aging by Karen Carraher, Executive Director Ohio Public Employees Retirement System November 26, 2013
- GASB Revised Standards 06/29/2012
Historical Documents Related to the Exposure Drafts Before the GASB Finalized the new Standards
- Letter to GASB from OPERS 10/18/2011
- Letters to GASB from NASRA, NCPERS, and NCTR 10/17/2011
- Letter to Director of Research and Technical Activities 10/14/2011
- Letter to Director of Research and Technical Activities 10/11/2011
- OPERS Employer Notice - Sample Letter to GASB 10/03/2011
- Attachment - Sample Letter for Employers to GASB (PDF)
- Attachment - Sample Letter for Employers to GASB (DOC)
- OPERS GASB Questionnaire
- Employer Notice Newsletter 09/07/11
- Letter from OPERS' Executive Director Karen Carraher 8/03/2011
- GASB Presentation For Employers