We're here for you Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Talk to Us 1-800-222-7377
- If you're an OPERS retiree with questions about your Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), you must contact Via Benefits at 1-844-287-9945 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. (EST).
- View your OPERS account
- Update your personal contact information
- Send us secure messages
- Schedule appointments
If you have general, non-account specific questions about OPERS you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on social media.
Fax or Drop Box
Before faxing, please call 1-800-222-7377 to speak with a representative.
You can come to our building to drop off forms or paperwork; security will direct you to our drop box
Living or Traveling Outside the U.S.
There are things you should know about contacting us while out of the country.
Visit Us By Appointment Only
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
277 E. Town Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Schedule an appointment
- Phone Counseling - Perfect for members in the information gathering stage of their retirement planning.
- Virtual Counseling - This is a Zoom counseling session; perfect for members looking for a little more detail in their information gathering. Our Counselors can walk through various tools, resources and even assist you in filing for retirement.
- In-House Counseling - For members eligible to retire who would like to meet in person to complete the retirement application.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our counselors:
- Log in to your online account
- Call us at 1-800-222-7377
Unscheduled Closings and Delays
If OPERS should experience an unscheduled closing or delay, we will post a notice on the home page of website and our social media channels.
In the event of a level two snow emergency, OPERS will implement a delayed opening. Should conditions warrant, the office may close. During a level three snow emergency, OPERS will be closed.