Educational Opportunities Educational resources for OPERS retirees
OPERS seminars are in-person events led by trained OPERS professionals. They take place at various locations in Ohio.
Registration is required, and the address of the venue will be sent to you after you register.
Seminar: Pre-medicare Retirees – Aging Into Medicare
Are you confused about Medicare? There are a lot of moving parts, and as your trusted partner, OPERS would like to help you understand your options!
This interactive seminar is intended for Retirees who will turn age 65 in the next 15 months. You'll walk away from this seminar with a better understanding of the following:
- The different parts of Medicare – Parts A, B, C, D
- How Medicare coordinates with individual Medicare plans
- How Medicare works and the difference between Medicare Advantage and Medigap / Medicare Supplement plans
- When to enroll in Medicare and how Via Benefits will help you with the enrollment process
- What OPERS and Via Benefits communications are coming your way
- The Medicare Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) – a monthly deposit that will offset your medical expenses
- What resources are available to assist you
Several OPERS staff will be on-hand to make sure that all of your questions are answered!
You can register for OPERS seminars in two different ways:
You can register online with your Online Account. Once logged in click on “Tools and Resources” and then on “Seminars and Counseling” to select a seminar.
You can also register for a seminar by calling OPERS at 1-800-222-7377
- A Minute with Member Services (link open sin new tab)
- Funding Pension and Health Care (link opens in new tab)
- Health Care Information for Retirees Re-employed with an OPERS-Covered Employer (link open sin new tab) NEW
- How to Use Your Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) (link open sin new tab)
- Managing Your Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) with Via Benefits (link open sin new tab)
- Deciding Between the OPERS HRA and a Federal Subsidy (link open sin new tab)
- Understanding Individual and Family Coverage (link open sin new tab)
- Becoming Medicare Eligible (link open sin new tab)