2019 Dental Plan MetLife Dental Plan
Dental coverage administered by MetLife is optional for you and your dependents.
Once enrolled you can view your Certificate of Coverage for additional details. These certificates explain the dental options available for participants in the high or low OPERS dental plans. Participants enrolling in a dental plan pay the entire premium for this coverage.
- View: Vision and Dental Plan Guide (pdf opens in new tab)
2019 Dental Certificates
These Dental Certificates explain the dental options available for participants enrolled in the high or low OPERS dental plans.
- View 2019 Dental Certificate for Low Option Plan (pdf opens in new tab)
- Dental Certificate for High Option Plan (pdf opens in new tab)
Dental Certificates for residents of Mississippi, Montana, Texas and Louisiana:
- Dental Low Option for residents of MS, MT, TX only (pdf opens in new tab)
- Dental High Option for residents of MS, MT, TX only (pdf opens in new tab)
- Dental Certificate for Low Option residents of LA only (pdf opens in new tab)
- Dental Certificate for High Option residents of LA only (pdf opens in new tab)
Highlights of the Plan
- Choosing a dentist within the MetLife network will reduce your costs1. Negotiated fees apply to in-network services and may apply to services not covered by your plan and those provided after you’ve exceeded your annual plan maximum2.
- You can also choose an out-of-network dentist, but your out-of-pocket costs may be higher. There are more than 187,000 participating Preferred Dentist Program dentist locations nationwide, including over 45,000 specialist locations.
View details of the 2019 MetLife Dental plan coverage, including both high and low options.
Dentists may submit your claims for you which means you have little or no paperwork. You can track your claims online and even receive email alerts when a claim has been processed. If you need a claim form you can request one by calling 1-888-262-4874.
Oral health and you
Staying up-to-date on your dental care has overall health benefits and it starts with preventive care. Preventive care is what is done to take care of our teeth and gums, from brushing and flossing to maintaining a healthy diet and engaging in regular visits with the dentist. The MetLife dental plan includes preventive coverage, covered at 100 percent, for routine cleanings, fluoride applications, X-rays, emergency care and oral examinations. View the complete MetLife plan design to become more familiar with the plan offerings.
Early detection and prevention are important and may minimize the need for more serious dental work down the road such as root canals, extractions and fillings. Take pre-emptive measures now for a healthy, happy smile tomorrow. To help you learn more about the importance of preventive dental care, MetLife has created an FAQ document.
- MetLife’s negotiated or preferred Dentist Program fees refer to the fees that dentist participating in MetLife’s Preferred Dentist Program have agreed to accept as payment in full, for services rendered by them. MetLife’s negotiated fees are subject to change.
- Negotiated fees for non-covered services may not apply in all states. Plans in LA, MS, MT and TX vary. Please call MetLife for more details.