Medical Mutual Medicare Plan
The Medical Mutual Medicare Plan is the plan OPERS will provide for Medicare-eligible retirees who are not eligible to participate in the OPERS Medicare Connector. These retirees include:
- Medicare-eligible re-employed retirees and their eligible dependents - A re-employed retiree is one receiving a pension while also being employed by an OPERS-covered employer.
- Medicare-eligible retirees under age 65 with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
Effective Jan. 1, 2022 re-employment rules will be changing. See Health Care 2022 section for details.
As the administrator of the Retiree Health Plan, Medical Mutual provides plan participants with the following support:
- Claims processing, payment and appeals based on plan coverage
- Dedicated Customer Care Specialists
- Programs to help live healthier and manage serious or ongoing medical conditions
- Online access to view claims and coverage information on My Health Plan, the secure member website
- A mobile app to check claims and deductibles, look up providers and access your identification card