Aetna Vision Preferred, administered by EyeMed, is a vision coverage option available to you and your eligible dependents. The plan provides:
- A comprehensive eye exam which can detect serious vision conditions such as cataracts and glaucoma, but can also detect the early signs of diabetes, high blood pressure and many other health conditions.
- Savings of around 40 percent: There are two plan options to choose from both offering a significant savings on eye exams and eyewear.
- The choice of leading optical retailers including LensCrafters, Target Optical, most Sears Optical and Pearle Vision locations, as well as thousands of private practitioners.
Your Plan Options
Participants in the Aetna vision plan have two options of vision coverage (High or Low) from which they can choose. If participants use an Aetna provider, they will have less out-of-pocket expenses. If participants do not use an Aetna provider they will need to file a claim form and be reimbursed for their expenses. Once enrolled you can view your Vision Summaries for additional details. These summaries explain the vision options available for participants in the high or low OPERS vision plans. Participants enrolling in a vision plan pay the entire premium for their coverage.
In addition to the vision coverage the Aetna Vision Preferred plan offers, participants also enjoy additional features including:
- Eye Care Supplies – Receive 20 percent off retail price for eye care supplies like cleaning cloths and solutions purchased at network providers (not valid on doctor’s services or contact lenses).
- Laser Vision Correction – Save 15 percent off the retail price or 5 percent off the promotional price for LASIK or PRK procedures.
- Replacement Contact Lens Purchases – Visit www.contactsdirect.com to order replacement contact lenses for shipment to your home at less than retail price.