Self-Directed Brokerage Account
For members of OPERS Member-Directed and Combined Plans only
This account allows experienced investors the ability to choose mutual funds outside of the core OPERS investment options. The term "core" refers to all the investment options currently offered by OPERS.
OPERS does not select, manage, or oversee the mutual funds offered through the Schwab PCRA.
Learn more about the Self-Directed Brokerage Account
Education on the plan is available through Schwab.
- Learn general information about the Self-Directed Brokerage Account in the Schwab PCRA Enrollment Guide.
- Visit schwab.com to view a list of mutual funds available to the plan.
- Review the commissions and transaction fees for trade orders.
- Learn about specifics of the plan by reviewing the Schwab PCRA fact sheet.
Enroll in the Self-Directed Brokerage Account
In order to participate in the OPERS Self-Directed Brokerage Account, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be an OPERS Member-Directed or Combined Plan participant
- Your Individual Account balance must be a minimum of $5000 before the SDBA can be established
- A maximum of 90% of your Individual Account balance can be invested in the SDBA
- If your account meets these criteria, you're eligible to enroll in the Charles Schwab PCRA.