OPERS Investments Corporate Governance
The OPERS Corporate Governance program focuses on adding value to our investment strategies and creating strong relationships with the public companies in which we invest by effectively voting proxies and responsibly participating in associated corporate governance activities, industry groups and coalitions.
The Corporate Governance department votes proxies, according to our guidelines, for about 10,000 company meetings each year.
Corporate Governance team members work with other institutional investors and organizations to comment on proposed corporate governance issues and financial regulatory reforms and legislation.
We also engage companies regarding specific proxy proposals and help company officials understand how corporate governance best practices add value and increase shareholder returns.
Current Governance Policy Information
Annual Corporate Governance Reports
- OPERS 2017 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2016 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2015 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2014 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2013 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2012 Corporate Governance Report
- OPERS 2011 Corporate Governance Report